The B100 Series ensures that tanks and vessels are kept safe during periods of excessive pressure and vacuum caused by filling and emptying of product and changes in temperature due to climatic or external fire sources.
Our UK manufactured B100 PV valves are open or closed vent Weight Loaded:
- The standard pressure settings range from plus 2 mbarg to plus 100 mbarg
- The standard vacuum settings range from minus 2 mbarg to minus 100 mbarg
- If you require settings that fall outside of this range, please consult us.
B100 OVS and CV series valves are open or closed vent spring loaded
- The standard pressure settings range from plus 100 mbarg to plus 2 barg
- The standard vacuum settings fall between minus 2 mbarg to -minus 0.8 barg
- If you require settings that fall outside of this range, please consult our manufacturing team.
Further BV100 Series PV valve information:
- We offer sizes ranging from 2″ ( 50 mm) to 12″ ( 300 mm )
- Standard body materials are used: aluminium, carbon steel, stainless steel
- The standard trim material used is stainless steel
- The diaphragm material is PTFE.
- The B100 series pressure and vacuum relief valves feature removable seats
- Using standard full form flanges – ANSI / DIN / JIS / Specials
- These PV valves incorporate a lightweight design
- Valves come with steam jackets
- The B100 series come with proximity switches that indicate pallet lift
- We can also supply the PVs with Tri clamp / screwed connections
- For hazardous applications, we can offer alternative materials. For non-standard applications. please consult our manufacturing team.
What Is the Purpose of a PV Valve?
Pressure & vacuum relief valves (sometimes known as conservation vents) are designed to protect storage tanks, opening at a pre-set pressure, and discharging vapour. Once the filling / emptying has ended the pressure will drop in the tank and the valve will close, creating a seal.
Low cost maintenance
Lightweight design provides easy handling whilst interchangeable components ensure standard parts are easily replaced
Testing / Quality
All products are factory tested and fully certified.
All products are designed so that any condensate drains away from seating areas.
Standard seating design ensures minimum leakage of less than 1 scfh at 90% of set pressure.
Internal parts are stainless steel as standard. Non standard materials available upon request.
All valves are supplied with full form flanges to meet individual requirements. Other connections are available upon request.
Non Standard Applications
There are numerous options available for special applications. Exotic materials such as Hastelloy and various plastics can be offered to suit the most hazardous of environments. Special coatings can be applied for extreme service. For low temperature duties, internal parts can be PTFE coated to prevent seizure.
See separate section in catalogue.
* All products are subject to continuous development and subsequently 3B Controls reserve the right to change specifications outlined in this catalogue without notification.